If you are moving within 30 to 60 days – we MUST call the properties to check availability
If your move is MORE than 60 days out- it is too soon to make calls – you can window shop!
Be prepared financially for your move and ready to pay the following fees to secure an apartment:
- Application fee for each adult on the lease ( usually @ $35-75)
- Administration fee (some properties charge this fee) ($75 – 150)
- First month’s rent amount
- Second chance leasing will almost always require an extra deposit which could be up to a 1st month’s rent amount based on your past credit history
WHEN YOU VISIT THE PROPERTIES:
Know your rental history – they will run a credit and criminal background check on all adults 18 years or older living in the apartment
The credit /criminal check could show any of the following if it is on your credit report:
- Rental debt owed to a previous landlord
- Monies owed to creditors, judgements, utility companies
- Broken leases – do you know when it happened and how much you owe the property?
- Bankruptcies – has it been discharged? If not…the property may not lease to you
- Misdemeanors – how old since completion and what was it for?
- Felonies – how old since completion and what was it for?
Don’t wait – If you find the RIGHT apartment -put down your deposit to hold it.
It may not be there when you return!